Nhãn

31 tháng 3, 2011

075. Lỗi “Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid”


Lỗi này là do install và uninstall 1 ứng dụng bị lỗi (đại khái thía). Nhấn Start, gõ vào ô Run: Regedit, chạy Regedit, tìm đến “HKey_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products” , tìm “transform” từ ứng dụng bị lỗi (ví dụ autocad), xóa mịa nó cả thư mục đi là xong !!! LOL

Tớ tham khảo trên mạng, các bạn khoai tây chia sẻ và tớ xử lý OK:


This cost me two very precious hours today, so I thought I would share.

In preparing my laptop for my upcoming trip, I needed to get the latest version of an app I wrote for a client in case I need to do any work for them while I'm away. The application uses the latest version of Crystal Reports which caused me a great deal of grief when I recently moved to it. (See my ASPAlliance article: Lessons Learned: Sorting out Crystal Reports 2008 Versioning, Service Packs and Deployment for details).

Today's time-sucker was not Crystal's fault but the fact that when I installed the earlier version of Crystal on to the laptop, I had done it from an external drive.

When I tried to install the newer version, it chugged along then said that it failed because it couldn't uninstall the previous version.
I attempted to do the uninstall myself from the Control Panel but that failed with this message:

"Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid"

Some googling pointed out that if I copied the original install files to my hard drive and ran setup from there I could avoid the problem.

That didn't work.

Finally I discovered that within the registry (in Computer\HKey_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\) there was a folder that contained the Crystal install information. In there was a key called "Transforms" which pointed to F:\Extended\Package\1033.mst. F:\ must have been the path of the external drive when I originally installed the app.
I changed the path of that file to the folder that I had just copied onto my hard drive.

Then I was able to uninstall, not from the Control Panel, but form the setup.exe from that same set of installer files.

Hopefully I'll save somebody the hours and frustration I wasted myself. If you're really grateful, just send chocolate. :-)

I Ran into this problem when installing Autocad after an uninstall. Deleted the Whole folder in the Registry and worked fine. Thanks for the Post had spent hours working out what it could be.

Thank You! I had the same problem also when reintalling AutoCad. I just deleted the trensform entry from the folder where i have found the AutoCad name, and worked just fine from Control Panel.

11 nhận xét:

  1. Cảm ơn bài post của bạn nhé !!! Mình cũng vấp phải vấn đề "transform invalid .." và nhờ bài post này mình cũng giải quyết đc lỗi này khi cài bộ Office !! Thanks very much !

    Trả lờiXóa
    Trả lời
    1. cám ơn bạn đã cám ơn hehehe

      Xóa
    2. Bạn đã làm như thế nào để khắc phục bộ office thế???cảm ơn!

      Xóa
  2. cam on nhieu,nho bai viet cua ban ma ok

    Trả lờiXóa
  3. Thank. Good instruction.

    Trả lờiXóa
  4. mình gõ như vậy mà chẳng ra
    mình bị mắc ở chỗ "Installer \Products "
    mình không tìm nổi mục nào như vậy cả
    mong bạn giúp cho với không thì máy mình cứ cài youcame5 là gần đc là nó lại hiện lên cái dòng chữ đó đấy. cảm ơn !!!!!

    Trả lờiXóa
    Trả lời
    1. chắc chắn có! bạn phải chọn đúng tên đường dẫn: “HKey_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products”

      Xóa
    2. mình không thể tìm từ nào có tên autocad được cả. help me!

      Xóa
    3. Autodesk chứ k phải cad bạn àk

      Xóa
  5. cam on ben rat nhieu, minh da giai quyet duoc. hehe

    Trả lờiXóa